Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Noreen

Default Extract Rows Unique to Two Sheets

I did check that site before coming here. Could only find instructions for
"lists" in one column, nothing for complete rows. Thanks anyway. Hopefully
someone else reading this will know how to solve.

"Gary L Brown" wrote:

Take a look at Chip Pearson's website. Specifically...
http://www.cpearson.com/excel/duplic...tractingUnique
Not sure if this is what you want but worth a try.
HTH,
--
Gary Brown

If this post was helpful, please click the ''Yes'' button next to ''Was this
Post Helpfull to you?''.

"Noreen" wrote:

I have 2 spreadsheets with matching column headings. Each sheet has mutiple
rows that must be kept together. I need to find the rows where the value in
the first column is unique to both sheets. The uniqueness must only be
between the 2 sheets not within each sheet. Here's an example...

SHEET #1:
ID Last Name First Name Product
BKGN5040 Jones Tom HM
BKGN5040 Jones Tom UO
CAV29010 Smith Kris OC
DG742010 Lawson Sue MC
EPC47010 Crowley Frank UO

SHEET #2:
ID Last Name First Name Product
GZMPM020 King Carol MC
JWSJ9020 White Robert MC
LSVKV010 Aronson John UO
LSVKV010 Aronson John OC
CAV29010 Smith Kris OC
LVVVJ020 Sibley Patty HM
BKGN5040 Jones Tom HM

FILTERED SHEET:
ID Last Name First Name Product
DG742010 Lawson Sue MC
EPC47010 Crowley Frank UO
GZMPM020 King Carol MC
JWSJ9020 White Robert MC
LSVKV010 Aronson John UO
LSVKV010 Aronson John OC
LVVVJ020 Sibley Patty HM

I did a search on this site but couldn't find anything for this type of
situation. Thanks.