Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
TJ

Default How do I format text that is part of a formula?

I am using the index formula to bring data to a sheet. I want to add a
superscript to text that will be adjoined to the formula.

=index(holdings!$b$4:$b$120,match($b9,holdings!$a$ 4:$a$120,0))&"(a)"

How do I superscript (a) in this case?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Gary''s Student

Select the cell and pull-down Edit Copy.
Then select an un-used cell and paste/special value.
Select the new cell and in the formula bar highlight the section of text you
want to format.

Format as usual.
--
Gary's Student

"TJ" wrote:

I am using the index formula to bring data to a sheet. I want to add a
superscript to text that will be adjoined to the formula.

=index(holdings!$b$4:$b$120,match($b9,holdings!$a$ 4:$a$120,0))&"(a)"

How do I superscript (a) in this case?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Ken Hudson

Hi TJ,
One way...
Enter the letter "a" in a superscript format in an unused, unseen cell,
e.g. ZZ1.
Go to ZZ1, select Format Cells... Font and check the superscript box.
The refer to ZZ1 in your formula.
HTH
--
Ken Hudson

"TJ" wrote:

I am using the index formula to bring data to a sheet. I want to add a
superscript to text that will be adjoined to the formula.

=index(holdings!$b$4:$b$120,match($b9,holdings!$a$ 4:$a$120,0))&"(a)"

How do I superscript (a) in this case?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
TJ

Based on the formula I am using (see below), how could I reference the cell
with the superscript a? I tried concatenate, but received N/A.

"TJ" wrote:

I am using the index formula to bring data to a sheet. I want to add a
superscript to text that will be adjoined to the formula.

=index(holdings!$b$4:$b$120,match($b9,holdings!$a$ 4:$a$120,0))&"(a)"

How do I superscript (a) in this case?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Ron Rosenfeld

On Thu, 29 Dec 2005 09:06:02 -0800, "TJ" wrote:

I am using the index formula to bring data to a sheet. I want to add a
superscript to text that will be adjoined to the formula.

=index(holdings!$b$4:$b$120,match($b9,holdings!$a $4:$a$120,0))&"(a)"

How do I superscript (a) in this case?

=index(holdings!$b$4:$b$120,match($b9,holdings!$a$ 4:$a$120,0))& char(170)

--ron