Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
widman

Default separate numbers that have a / between them

A software program I have generates all stock or movement in full/partial
format, so if I have 10 full cases and a case with 4 of 6 items in it, it
represents inventory as
10/4. A case of 200 might show 4/198 meaning 4 full and 198 loose. It does
the same for sales, inventory, etc.

How can I convert this into something usefull, like 10.67, or even rounded
to 11?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
RagDyer

How do you intend to quantify the case capacity for each individual item?

In other words, what tells XL which item has 6 per case, and which item has
200 per case?

RD

"widman" wrote in message
A software program I have generates all stock or movement in full/partial
format, so if I have 10 full cases and a case with 4 of 6 items in it, it
represents inventory as
10/4. A case of 200 might show 4/198 meaning 4 full and 198 loose. It

does
the same for sales, inventory, etc.

How can I convert this into something usefull, like 10.67, or even rounded
to 11?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
widman

I can usually generate a column that has the case count, or can indirectly
draw it from the item code or description. So if I can separate them from
the "/" I can figure out the rest.

"widman" wrote in message
A software program I have generates all stock or movement in full/partial
format, so if I have 10 full cases and a case with 4 of 6 items in it, it
represents inventory as
10/4. A case of 200 might show 4/198 meaning 4 full and 198 loose. It

does
the same for sales, inventory, etc.

How can I convert this into something usefull, like 10.67, or even rounded
to 11?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Fred Smith

Say your inventory count is in a1, and your case size is in a2. Your item count
can be calculated as:

=A2*LEFT(A1,FIND("/",A1)-1)+RIGHT(A1,LEN(A1)-FIND("/",A1))

Your (decimal) case count would be the above / a2

Fred