-   -   separate numbers that have a / between them (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/62156-separate-numbers-have-between-them.html)

widman

separate numbers that have a / between them

A software program I have generates all stock or movement in full/partial
format, so if I have 10 full cases and a case with 4 of 6 items in it, it
represents inventory as
10/4. A case of 200 might show 4/198 meaning 4 full and 198 loose. It does
the same for sales, inventory, etc.

How can I convert this into something usefull, like 10.67, or even rounded
to 11?

RagDyer

separate numbers that have a / between them

How do you intend to quantify the case capacity for each individual item?

In other words, what tells XL which item has 6 per case, and which item has
200 per case?

RD

"widman" wrote in message
A software program I have generates all stock or movement in full/partial
format, so if I have 10 full cases and a case with 4 of 6 items in it, it
represents inventory as
10/4. A case of 200 might show 4/198 meaning 4 full and 198 loose. It

does
the same for sales, inventory, etc.

How can I convert this into something usefull, like 10.67, or even rounded
to 11?

widman

separate numbers that have a / between them

I can usually generate a column that has the case count, or can indirectly
draw it from the item code or description. So if I can separate them from
the "/" I can figure out the rest.

"widman" wrote in message
A software program I have generates all stock or movement in full/partial
format, so if I have 10 full cases and a case with 4 of 6 items in it, it
represents inventory as
10/4. A case of 200 might show 4/198 meaning 4 full and 198 loose. It

does
the same for sales, inventory, etc.

How can I convert this into something usefull, like 10.67, or even rounded
to 11?

Fred Smith

separate numbers that have a / between them

Say your inventory count is in a1, and your case size is in a2. Your item count
can be calculated as:

=A2*LEFT(A1,FIND("/",A1)-1)+RIGHT(A1,LEN(A1)-FIND("/",A1))

Your (decimal) case count would be the above / a2

Fred

"widman" wrote in message
A software program I have generates all stock or movement in full/partial
format, so if I have 10 full cases and a case with 4 of 6 items in it, it
represents inventory as
10/4. A case of 200 might show 4/198 meaning 4 full and 198 loose. It does
the same for sales, inventory, etc.

How can I convert this into something usefull, like 10.67, or even rounded
to 11?

widman

separate numbers that have a / between them

Thank you.....