Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Mni

Default use parameter in getpivotdata

im using excel 2003 ,i cannot get the required data when using getpivotdata
at ALL ,i've tried many ways , really need help especially on using a
parameter,eg:

All i need is to get the data about 1SunDAY and DEPOT from the pivot
table

Sum of CountOfEQ_NBR
POW_ID xxouttime Total 1SunDAY DEPOT
DEPOT 1SunDAY 12
1SunNGT 34
3TueDAY 32
3TueNGT 102
4WedDAY 14
4WedNGT 110
5ThuDAY 8
5ThuNGT 17
7SatNGT 2
DEPOT Total 331
Q01 1SunDAY 7
1SunNGT 21
2MonDAY 167
2MonNGT 54
3TueDAY 70
3TueNGT 221
4WedDAY 105
4WedNGT 204
5ThuDAY 12
5ThuNGT 52
6FriDAY 9
6FriNGT 89
7SatDAY 31
7SatNGT 51

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Barb Reinhardt

Without seeing what your pivot table looks like, it's a bit difficult to
tell you what to do. I've just created my formulas by selecting the
affected cells and the GETPIVOTTABLE function generally appears in my
formulas.

"Mni" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Debra Dalgleish

In the cell where you want the data, type an equal sign, then click on
the cell in the pivot table that contains the 1SunDAY DEPOT data.
The GetPivotData formula should be automatically created.

--
Debra Dalgleish
Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
MarkM

Lets see if I can help, I am new to the getpivotdata function as well, but
had similar issues at first. If I understand correctly as what you are
trying to get, you want to get the depot 1Sunday total, which is 12.

Assuming the example you have given the entire pivot table and the cell with
the Sum of CountOfEQ_NBR is in A5. If you enter the function as follows I
think it should give what you are looking for.

=GETPIVOTDATA(A5,€¯ DEPOT 1SunDAY€¯) should return 12.

Hope this works for you.

"Mni" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Mni

Hi,yes i have tried that , but if the pivot is too big and i just want to use
1SunDAY and DEPOT as a guide still it wont

Mni wrote:
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Mni

Hi there, Big thanks ,its work!,but how if i dont need to type in the "DEPOT
and 1SunDAY" but just point it to the parameter cell?any formulas?

"Mni" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Debra Dalgleish

You can type the field names and items in cells, and refer to those
cells in the formula, e.g.:

=GETPIVOTDATA("CountOfEQ_NBR",$A$6,G5,G6,H5,H6)

where G5=POW_ID
G6=DEPOT
H5=xxouttime
H6=1SunDAY