Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Mni

Default use parameter in getpivotdata

Hi there, Big thanks ,its work!,but how if i dont need to type in the "DEPOT
and 1SunDAY" but just point it to the parameter cell?any formulas?

"MarkM" wrote:

Lets see if I can help, I am new to the getpivotdata function as well, but
had similar issues at first. If I understand correctly as what you are
trying to get, you want to get the depot 1Sunday total, which is 12.

Assuming the example you have given the entire pivot table and the cell with
the Sum of CountOfEQ_NBR is in A5. If you enter the function as follows I
think it should give what you are looking for.

=GETPIVOTDATA(A5,€¯ DEPOT 1SunDAY€¯) should return 12.

Hope this works for you.

"Mni" wrote:

im using excel 2003 ,i cannot get the required data when using getpivotdata
at ALL ,i've tried many ways , really need help especially on using a
parameter,eg:

All i need is to get the data about 1SunDAY and DEPOT from the pivot
table

Sum of CountOfEQ_NBR
POW_ID xxouttime Total 1SunDAY DEPOT
DEPOT 1SunDAY 12