Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
IcarusFB

Default Keeping track of employee training

Hi all! I am trying to set up an Excel spreadsheet that will list all
of the employees in our department, along with all of the training each
employee has. I would like to set it up so that I can keep track of
when an employee's training certificate is about to expire (probably
with colour codes: yellow when a training certificate is due to expire
in 3 months and red when a training certificate is due to expire in 1
month).

Yes, I know there are lots of posts on this topic but I don't have any
formal excel training and I can't seem to find any templates to even
set up what I am trying to do. I would be very grateful if someone
could email me (or catch me on MSN) and send me a copy of any templates
they may be using to keep track of the same things I am trying to do.

I did manage to set something up but I am totally confused as to how to
get the formulas set up. If someone is willing to put in the time, I
could send them I have and then maybe they could set things up for me.
I don't need to send our entire staff list, I would only send a few
names and then I could figure out the rest myself by changing the
formula to match the different cells.

Thanks for your time and consideration!

email/msn:

--
IcarusFB
IcarusFB's Profile:

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
pinmaster

Attach your worksheet to one of the post and people will be glad to take
a look at it.

Note. you may need to zip your file in order to upload it.

Regards
JG

--
pinmaster
pinmaster's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...fo&userid=6261

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
IcarusFB

Here is what I have so far. It is very simple and the colours are just
for effect but it will give you an idea of what I am trying to set up.
Each training categoy (eg. CPR, First Aid, PPCT) will have its own
expiration date. For simplicity purposes, I just made it all 1 year.

|Filename: untitled.zip |
|Download: http://www.excelforum.com/attachment.php?postid=4152 |

IcarusFB
IcarusFB's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=29905
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=496102

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
pinmaster

Made a small test sheet, hope it's what your looking for.

Regards
JG

|Filename: test.zip |
|Download: http://www.excelforum.com/attachment.php?postid=4154 |

pinmaster
pinmaster's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...fo&userid=6261
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=496102

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
IcarusFB

Thanks m8! That is awesome! I wish I could take credit for it when I
new position I have at work is going to keep me busy so you'll probably
see some more questions from me in the future. :-)

Thanks again!

:)

--
IcarusFB
IcarusFB's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=29905
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=496102

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
IcarusFB

I ran into a small problem. I have sheet 1 with staff listed
alphabetically and sheet 2 with staff listed by shift platoon (4 groups
of 7 people each). How do I arrange it so that changes I make on sheet
1 will also appear on sheet 2.

I know there is a way to do this because I found a partial answer on
google, but the problem is that what is in cell C4 in sheet 1 is not
the same as what is in cell C4 in sheet 2 and so on and so on. Both
sheets have the same info but it is all arranged differently.

Is it possible to solve my problem without having to enter the data
twice? (once on sheet 1 and then again on sheet 2).

Thanks!

--
IcarusFB
IcarusFB's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=29905
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=496102

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
pinmaster

If your setup is the same as what you have on your "Attachment" then you
could use a VLOOKUP formula to return the values in the same row as
"Complete":

=VLOOKUP($A$1,Sheet1!$A$1:$G$1000,COLUMN(C:C),0)

copied across

and for the values on same row as "Expires":

=OFFSET(INDEX(Sheet1!$A$1:$A$1000,MATCH($A1,$A$1:$ A$1000,0),0),1,COLUMN(B:B))

also copied across

HTH
JG