Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
suegr

Default cell * figure

I have a Price column. It is in US dollar and I need it to convert Canadian
dollars.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
L. Howard Kittle

If the conversion rate is 20% Canadain to Us then US * 1.20.

So a US buck = 1.20 Can

HTH
Regards,
Howard

"suegr" wrote in message
I have a Price column. It is in US dollar and I need it to convert
Canadian
dollars.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Gord Dibben

Current rates are 1.16 cdn to 1 us.

us * 1.16 = cdn

Enter 1.16 in an empty cell.

Copy that.

Select column with us prices and Paste SpecialMultiplyOKEsc.

Clear the cell with 1.16.

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

On Fri, 23 Dec 2005 19:45:02 -0800, "suegr"
wrote:

I have a Price column. It is in US dollar and I need it to convert Canadian
dollars.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
suegr

I am so sorry. I know the conversion is my price * 1.20. I just can't get
the formula to multiply the entire column. If it is in the D column I
thought I could just do D = D * 1.2 but this does not work. This new excel
is not what I was used to.
Thanks in advance! Sorry it is such a basic question. Susan

"suegr" wrote in message
I have a Price column. It is in US dollar and I need it to convert
Canadian
dollars.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
suegr

When I select paste special it just shows Unicode text or regular text.....
It makes sense but doesn't work with this office 2000...

wrote:

I have a Price column. It is in US dollar and I need it to convert Canadian
dollars.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Gord Dibben

Enter this formula in B1 assuming your us prices are in column A.

=A1*1.16

Copy that down column B by dragging on the fill handle of B1

Gord

"suegr" wrote in message
I have a Price column. It is in US dollar and I need it to convert
Canadian
dollars.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
suegr

This worked! However I need to get rid of column A. In other words I can
only list one column, only Canadian pricing, need to get rid of column a. I
tried saving as text but there are over 7,000 records and do not want to do
by hand!
Thanks! Susan

"suegr" wrote in message
I have a Price column. It is in US dollar and I need it to convert
Canadian
dollars.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Gord Dibben

Select Column B and EditCopy.

In place, EditPaste SpecialValuesOKEsc.

Delete Column A.

Gord

"suegr" wrote in message
I have a Price column. It is in US dollar and I need it to convert
Canadian
dollars.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
suegr

Thank you so much! Works perfectly. I feel silly not knowing the program.
I used to be fluent years ago and it just left me. I am sincerely
appreciative of your assistance. Kind regards, Susan

"suegr" wrote in message
I have a Price column. It is in US dollar and I need it to convert
Canadian
dollars.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Gord Dibben