Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
mevetts

Default Hide all rows within a range except one?

Hi,

I am creating a markbook (I'm a teacher) to hold all the results my
pupils achieve!

However, if it is necessary to speak to an individual pupil about their
grades I do not want to have all the other pupils marks on show.

Is there a way, perhaps using a macro, that will hide all other rows in
a given range except for the row that contains the active cell i.e the
row which the pupil in question occupies?

Many thanks,

Mark.

--
mevetts

mevetts's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=29130
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=495848

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Dave Peterson

Probably, but you may want to try

Selecting the range
data|filter|autofilter

use the dropdown arrow to choose just the name you want to show.

mevetts wrote:

Hi,

I am creating a markbook (I'm a teacher) to hold all the results my
pupils achieve!

However, if it is necessary to speak to an individual pupil about their
grades I do not want to have all the other pupils marks on show.

Is there a way, perhaps using a macro, that will hide all other rows in
a given range except for the row that contains the active cell i.e the
row which the pupil in question occupies?

Many thanks,

Mark.

--
mevetts

mevetts's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=29130
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=495848

--

Dave Peterson
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
mevetts

Hi Dave,

I think that will work as it saves the autofilter as well. So I can
set-up the spread sheet to have the filters in place then new users can
just insert their own content and use the displayed filter button.

Cheers,

Mark.