Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
stevepain

Default Moving Buttons

Hi all,

Fairly minor, but niggly point here. I am using Excel 2002, and have
got some control box buttons on a couple of worksheets that run
macros.

Everytime I print, or print preview the worksheet, the button moves
from it's location on the sheet and obscures some of the data. The
button is set such that it is not printed, however, it is annoying me
that it keeps moving!

Any suggestions?

Merry Christmas everyone!

Steve

--
stevepain
stevepain's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=21759

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Bob Phillips

See if this helps

http://support.microsoft.com/d*efault.aspx?kbid=838910
Controls move to the left of the worksheet in Microsoft Excel 2002

--
HTH

Bob Phillips

"stevepain" wrote
in message ...

Hi all,

Fairly minor, but niggly point here. I am using Excel 2002, and have
got some control box buttons on a couple of worksheets that run
macros.

Everytime I print, or print preview the worksheet, the button moves
from it's location on the sheet and obscures some of the data. The
button is set such that it is not printed, however, it is annoying me
that it keeps moving!

Any suggestions?

Merry Christmas everyone!

Steve

--
stevepain
stevepain's Profile:

View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=495477

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
PedroPastre

Hi Stevepain!

try this:

Right click on the button -- Format Control -- Properties Tab -- and
select the option button "Don´t move or size with cells"

this should solve this problem!

or if you don´t need to print the button you can uncheck the checkbox "Print
object" at this same way!

i hope this tip can help you!

PEdro

"stevepain" wrote:

Hi all,

Fairly minor, but niggly point here. I am using Excel 2002, and have
got some control box buttons on a couple of worksheets that run
macros.

Everytime I print, or print preview the worksheet, the button moves
from it's location on the sheet and obscures some of the data. The
button is set such that it is not printed, however, it is annoying me
that it keeps moving!

Any suggestions?

Merry Christmas everyone!

Steve

--
stevepain
stevepain's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=21759
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=495477

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
stevepain

Thanks for the input guys.

Pedro - I tried your suggestion, and unfortunately it still appears to
happen.

Bob - unfortunately I cannot get your link to open - can you tell me
how you reached that page,a dn perhaps I can navigate through the
Microsoft support website myself?

--
stevepain
stevepain's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=21759
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=495477

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Gord Dibben

Steve

Try this link. Bob's is missing a couple or three characters.

Controls move to the left of the worksheet in Microsoft Excel 2002

But Jim Rech recently posted this:

This article is now obsolete. Since the 10/12/2004 security patch
there is no need to get a hotfix (although this article does not directly
mention this fix, it's in there).

But others have posted that it didn't work for them in all their workbooks.

Gord Dibben Excel MVP