Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Ed

Default mouse shortcuts not working

I'm using XP office 2002. All of a sudden in excel only when I right click a
cell or anything for that matter the normal drop down list that has all the
shortcuts is no longer working. I must have a setting that is off and I can't
figure it out. Now anywhere else within any other program this function works
fine with no problems, so i must be in excel. Any ideas? Please help.
thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Steve Yandl

Ed,

Press Alt plus F11 (Takes you to VBE)
Press Ctrl plus g (Access to Immediate Window)
Type in the following line
Commandbars("Cell").Reset
Press Enter and then press Alt plus Q to return to Excel

Steve

"Ed" wrote in message
I'm using XP office 2002. All of a sudden in excel only when I right click
cell or anything for that matter the normal drop down list that has all
the
shortcuts is no longer working. I must have a setting that is off and I
can't
figure it out. Now anywhere else within any other program this function
works
fine with no problems, so i must be in excel. Any ideas? Please help.
thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Gord Dibben

Ed

Sounds like code disabled the right-click menu.

Run this macro.

Sub reset()
Application.CommandBars("Cell").Reset
End Sub

Or just run Application.CommandBars("Cell").Reset from the Immediate Window.

I would also be looking at any workbooks or add-ins that may have code running
to disable the right-click menu if it occurs again.

Gord Dibben Excel MVP