Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Gord Dibben

Default mouse shortcuts not working

Ed

Sounds like code disabled the right-click menu.

Run this macro.

Sub reset()
Application.CommandBars("Cell").Reset
End Sub

Or just run Application.CommandBars("Cell").Reset from the Immediate Window.

I would also be looking at any workbooks or add-ins that may have code running
to disable the right-click menu if it occurs again.

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

On Wed, 21 Dec 2005 12:50:05 -0800, "Ed" wrote:

I'm using XP office 2002. All of a sudden in excel only when I right click a
cell or anything for that matter the normal drop down list that has all the
shortcuts is no longer working. I must have a setting that is off and I can't
figure it out. Now anywhere else within any other program this function works
fine with no problems, so i must be in excel. Any ideas? Please help.
thanks