Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
fishbin

Default Precise positioning of a graphic in Excel

I'd like to precisely place a jpg in an Excel worksheet.

I realize that graphics float on top, but is there a way to position
them relative to a cell.

Can I do it with a formula in a cell (yes I'm a newbie) or do I need to
use a macro?

fish

--
fishbin
fishbin's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=20721

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Jacob_F_Roecker

This should work

Place your graphic on the drawing layer where you want it. Then right click
and select FORMAT PICTURE then click on the PROPERTIES tab.

This should give you enough control over you image to make this work

Good Luck

-Jacob Roecker

"fishbin" wrote:

I'd like to precisely place a jpg in an Excel worksheet.

I realize that graphics float on top, but is there a way to position
them relative to a cell.

Can I do it with a formula in a cell (yes I'm a newbie) or do I need to
use a macro?

fish

--
fishbin
fishbin's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=20721
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=495275

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
JR

....it also helps to change the view zoom to 150 or 200% when you are trying
to precisely place a picture. You can also click the picture once to
activate it (which means you the "dots" at all four corners) then you can use
your arrow keys to move the picture around.

"fishbin" wrote:

I'd like to precisely place a jpg in an Excel worksheet.

I realize that graphics float on top, but is there a way to position
them relative to a cell.

Can I do it with a formula in a cell (yes I'm a newbie) or do I need to
use a macro?

fish

--
fishbin
fishbin's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=20721
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=495275

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Desert Piranha

Hi fishbin,

In addition to what JR posted, while you are moving the Graphic
around.
As you approach a gridline if you hold down the "alt" key, it will
kinda snap to the line.

Dave
fishbin Wrote:
I'd like to precisely place a jpg in an Excel worksheet.

I realize that graphics float on top, but is there a way to position
them relative to a cell.

Can I do it with a formula in a cell (yes I'm a newbie) or do I need to
use a macro?

fish

--
Desert Piranha

Desert Piranha's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=28934
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=495275

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Jacob_F_Roecker

This doesn't apply to your current issue. But you can also set a graphic as
a background image that's similar to a slide master in Power Point.

Go to Format --Sheet -- Background and select a jpg or gif file to insert
as your background.

Not what you're asking for on this project. But something fun to learn for
the future.

-Jacob F. Roecker