Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Adam

Default Conditional Formatting - More Than 3 Choices

How do I get more than three choices for "Conditional Formatting"? I'm not a
coder in any way. I don't want to write a macro (are there any volunteers?).

All I have to do is get the format (font, cell, border) to change when I
type any specific number or name from a list so 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5 are all
different formats and Bill, John, Ted, Trixie, Bubbles and Biff are all
different formats. Those values don't have to relate to each other AT ALL
(names and numbers).

Shouldn't this be easy or do we need an engineering degree to make this
work? I know how to create "Pick From Lists" and I've done "VLookups" (though
that wasn't fun). But I don't understand any of the following terms:

Select Case Me.txtBox
Case "X1", "X2", "X3"
Me.txtBox.BackColor = 255
Case "Y1", "Y2"
Me.txtBox.BackColor = 100
Case "Z1"
Me.txtBox.BackColor = 301
Case "Z2"
Me.txtBox.BackColor = 302
Case Else
Me.txtBox.BackColor = 16777215
End Select

I don't know what any of that means. Not a single word (word?).

Thank you, thank you, thank you if you can put this into terms a simple
artist can understand!!!
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Dave

Hi Adam,

How many different formats do you actually want?
Is it 5 (one for each number 1-5) plus 6 (one for each name) = 11?

Dave.

"Adam" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Norman Jones

Hi Adam,

Perhaps xlDynamic's user-friendly CFPlus addin would help:

http://www.xldynamic.com/source/xld.....Download.html

---
Regards,
Norman