Posted to microsoft.public.excel,microsoft.public.excel.misc
marko

Default Which Excel to use?

Hi!

I would like to know which version of Excel is the best, which is the
most used?
And is there any diference from the VBA in excel in Office 2000 or the
one in office 2003, or XP?
Thanks!

Marko

Posted to microsoft.public.excel,microsoft.public.excel.misc
Chip Pearson

The differences between 2000, XP, and 2003 are minimal. Use the
one you have or the one you can buy for the least amount.

--
Cordially,
Chip Pearson

"marko" wrote in message
oups.com...
Hi!

I would like to know which version of Excel is the best, which
is the
most used?
And is there any diference from the VBA in excel in Office 2000
or the
one in office 2003, or XP?
Thanks!

Marko

Posted to microsoft.public.excel,microsoft.public.excel.misc
Bob Phillips

I have to admit that my preference is still 2000. I have XP, but rarely use
it. The differences in 2000 and XP and 2003 are relatively small, and I have
heard many intrusive things about 2003 that deter me from that.

--
HTH

Bob Phillips

"marko" wrote in message
oups.com...
Hi!

I would like to know which version of Excel is the best, which is the
most used?
And is there any diference from the VBA in excel in Office 2000 or the
one in office 2003, or XP?
Thanks!

Marko

Posted to microsoft.public.excel,microsoft.public.excel.misc
MBlake

Default Excel 12

Excel 12 looks interesting and may be worth waiting for, not sure of the
release date but some good info on the Microsoft site.
(http://blogs.msdn.com/excel/default.aspx)

Regards,
Mickey

Posted to microsoft.public.excel,microsoft.public.excel.misc
Harald Staff

Hi Marko

Excel 2000 is the best. Excel XP is pretty good. Excel 2003 is ... ehh ....
well ....

The VBA is pretty much the same. Everything runs in newer versions, a thing
Microsoft does really really well. You can't expect anything to run as is in
older versions though, so write code in the oldest one or you work
blindfolded.

HTH. Best wishes Harald

"marko" skrev i melding
oups.com...
Hi!

I would like to know which version of Excel is the best, which is the
most used?
And is there any diference from the VBA in excel in Office 2000 or the
one in office 2003, or XP?
Thanks!

Marko

Posted to microsoft.public.excel,microsoft.public.excel.misc
CLR

I also vote for XL2000. (I thought it was just me <g)........unfortunately
my largest client has several hundred computers running XL97 so I must work
in that for them.......and there ARE some VBA differences between 97 and
2000......I've been bit a few times.

Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3

"marko" wrote in message
oups.com...
Hi!

I would like to know which version of Excel is the best, which is the
most used?
And is there any diference from the VBA in excel in Office 2000 or the
one in office 2003, or XP?
Thanks!

Marko

Posted to microsoft.public.excel,microsoft.public.excel.misc
marko

Thank you all for your answers!
Marko

Posted to microsoft.public.excel,microsoft.public.excel.misc
Harald Staff

Hi Chuck.

You are right. 97 uses Visual Basic 5, 2000 up uses Visual Basic 6. I
believe those are pretty much the same, but 6 has some very useful string
handlers like SPLIT and INSTRREV that I use all the time.

Happy holidays! Best wishes Harald

"CLR" skrev i melding
I also vote for XL2000. (I thought it was just me

<g)........unfortunately
my largest client has several hundred computers running XL97 so I must

work
in that for them.......and there ARE some VBA differences between 97 and
2000......I've been bit a few times.

Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3

Posted to microsoft.public.excel,microsoft.public.excel.misc
CLR

Thanks Harald.....

I didn't know that difference actually existed, I just knew it had to be
something.....I use 2000 at home "mostly" but have had to re-install 97
because of this client. I've written some macros some time ago, (I think
having to do with Autofilter, maybe and some other minor things) that would
not work in 97. It was a bit of a bugger figuring out what was wrong.....so
I've reverted to only working in 97 for them. Also, sometimes I will get
help from the Programming group and some of their suggestions won't run in
my programs until 97ized.....

Thanks again for pointing that out, and A very Merry Christmas and Happy New
Year to you and yours......

Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3