Posted to microsoft.public.excel,microsoft.public.excel.misc
CLR

Default Which Excel to use?

Thanks Harald.....

I didn't know that difference actually existed, I just knew it had to be
something.....I use 2000 at home "mostly" but have had to re-install 97
because of this client. I've written some macros some time ago, (I think
having to do with Autofilter, maybe and some other minor things) that would
not work in 97. It was a bit of a bugger figuring out what was wrong.....so
I've reverted to only working in 97 for them. Also, sometimes I will get
help from the Programming group and some of their suggestions won't run in
my programs until 97ized.....

Thanks again for pointing that out, and A very Merry Christmas and Happy New
Year to you and yours......

Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3

"Harald Staff" wrote in message
Hi Chuck.

You are right. 97 uses Visual Basic 5, 2000 up uses Visual Basic 6. I
believe those are pretty much the same, but 6 has some very useful string
handlers like SPLIT and INSTRREV that I use all the time.

Happy holidays! Best wishes Harald

"CLR" skrev i melding
I also vote for XL2000. (I thought it was just me

<g)........unfortunately
my largest client has several hundred computers running XL97 so I must

work
in that for them.......and there ARE some VBA differences between 97 and
2000......I've been bit a few times.

Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3