Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
SteveTALL

Default Military Time

I am looking for a way to calculate military time by adding minutes and
coming up with a new military time. For example, in one cell military time
is posted '0645....then next cell for minutes is posted 25 minutes. I would
like the next cell to post 0710. How can that be done?

Thanks in advance.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Bernard Liengme

From a previous post this week:
One way

=--TEXT(TEXT(A1+B1,"00\:00"),"hhmm")

format as 0000

Peo Sjoblom

best wishes
--
Bernard V Liengme
www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme

"SteveTALL" wrote in message
I am looking for a way to calculate military time by adding minutes and
coming up with a new military time. For example, in one cell military
time
is posted '0645....then next cell for minutes is posted 25 minutes. I
would
like the next cell to post 0710. How can that be done?

Thanks in advance.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
B. R.Ramachandran

Hi,

If the military time is in A1 and B1 contains the number of minutes you want
to add to A1, use the formula,
=A1+B1/1440

If B1 contains not just a number (e.g., 35) but a number followed by " min"
(e,g.,"35 min"), use the following formula,
=A1+TRIM(LEFT(B1,FIND("m",B1)-1))/1440

In either case, format C1 for military time.

PS: I had posted this reply to your previous post on the same question.

Regards,
B. R. Ramachandran