Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Haranath

Default How do I open or close grouped columns/rows in a protected excel s

How can I open or close grouped columns/rows in a protected excel sheet ?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
mdbct

Try copying the sheet (or columns) into a new workbook.

--
mdbct
mdbct's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=28733

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Dave Peterson

Unprotect the sheet.

An alternative is to protect the sheet in code and give it a special instruction
that allows either autofiltering or outlining to work on a protected sheet.

If you already have the outline applied, you can protect the worksheet in code
(auto_open/workbook_open??).

Option Explicit
Sub auto_open()
With Worksheets("sheet1")
.Protect Password:="hi", userinterfaceonly:=True
.EnableOutlining = True
.EnableAutoFilter = True
End With
End Sub

It needs to be reset each time you open the workbook. (excel doesn't remember
it after closing the workbook.)