-   -   How do I open or close grouped columns/rows in a protected excel s (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/60929-how-do-i-open-close-grouped-columns-rows-protected-excel-s.html)

Haranath

How do I open or close grouped columns/rows in a protected excel s

How can I open or close grouped columns/rows in a protected excel sheet ?

mdbct

How do I open or close grouped columns/rows in a protected excel s

Try copying the sheet (or columns) into a new workbook.

--
mdbct
mdbct's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=28733

Dave Peterson

How do I open or close grouped columns/rows in a protected excel s

Unprotect the sheet.

An alternative is to protect the sheet in code and give it a special instruction
that allows either autofiltering or outlining to work on a protected sheet.

If you already have the outline applied, you can protect the worksheet in code
(auto_open/workbook_open??).

Option Explicit
Sub auto_open()
With Worksheets("sheet1")
.Protect Password:="hi", userinterfaceonly:=True
.EnableOutlining = True
.EnableAutoFilter = True
End With
End Sub

It needs to be reset each time you open the workbook. (excel doesn't remember
it after closing the workbook.)