Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Roger Cookson

Default WYA Converts to WAY after pressing enter ket

I am trying to enter WYA into a cell in Excel2003

As I enter it, I can clearly see the letters WYA being inserted into the cell

When I press enter, the Cell changes to WAY

I have tried this on 3 different computers - each of them on a different
version of Excel

What is happening ?

--
Roger Cookson
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
David Billigmeier

The autocorrect option is set... to change:

Tools-Options-'Spelling' Tab-Click "AutoCorrect Options"...

Then, find "WYA" in the Replace column, and delete it.

Dave

"Roger Cookson" wrote:

I am trying to enter WYA into a cell in Excel2003

As I enter it, I can clearly see the letters WYA being inserted into the cell

When I press enter, the Cell changes to WAY

I have tried this on 3 different computers - each of them on a different
version of Excel

What is happening ?

--
Roger Cookson

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Danny@Kendal

"Roger Cookson" <Roger@pipex wrote in message
I am trying to enter WYA into a cell in Excel2003

As I enter it, I can clearly see the letters WYA being inserted into the
cell

When I press enter, the Cell changes to WAY

I have tried this on 3 different computers - each of them on a different
version of Excel

What is happening ?

It's called Auto Correct and is available via the Tools menu.

The "replace text as you type" option has a list of commonly typed mistakes
which you can edit.