-   -   WYA Converts to WAY after pressing enter ket (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/60776-wya-converts-way-after-pressing-enter-ket.html)

Roger Cookson

WYA Converts to WAY after pressing enter ket

I am trying to enter WYA into a cell in Excel2003

As I enter it, I can clearly see the letters WYA being inserted into the cell

When I press enter, the Cell changes to WAY

I have tried this on 3 different computers - each of them on a different
version of Excel

What is happening ?

--
Roger Cookson

David Billigmeier

WYA Converts to WAY after pressing enter ket

The autocorrect option is set... to change:

Tools-Options-'Spelling' Tab-Click "AutoCorrect Options"...

Then, find "WYA" in the Replace column, and delete it.

Dave

Danny@Kendal

"Roger Cookson" <Roger@pipex wrote in message
I am trying to enter WYA into a cell in Excel2003

As I enter it, I can clearly see the letters WYA being inserted into the
cell

When I press enter, the Cell changes to WAY

I have tried this on 3 different computers - each of them on a different
version of Excel

What is happening ?

It's called Auto Correct and is available via the Tools menu.

The "replace text as you type" option has a list of commonly typed mistakes
which you can edit.

Roger Cookson

WYA Converts to WAY after pressing enter ket

Thanks Guys
--
Roger Cookson