Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
smasbell

Default Duplicate Data within Worksheet

I am working in Excel 2000.
I have a spreadsheet that contains duplicate cells of information within the
same column, but needs information within the row. I need some help writing
a formula or macro that would allow me to perform the following on the
worksheet:

If Cell A2=A3, then copy values in cells C2, D2, E2, and H2 to cells C3, D3,
E3.

Thank you for your time and expertise!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Dave Peterson

In C3:
=if($a2<$a3,"",if(c2="","",c2))

And copy it to D3, E3 (and maybe H3???)

--

Dave Peterson
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
smasbell

"Dave Peterson" wrote:

In C3:
=if($a2<$a3,"",if(c2="","",c2))

And copy it to D3, E3 (and maybe H3???)

smasbell wrote:

Thanks Dave. This works, but I think I need a macro because I need to be
able to automatically fill the entire sheet where there are blank cells.