Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Michael

Default Using Excel functions to color a cell

Hey Guys.

I was wondering if someone could help me. I am trying to write this little
budgetary analysis tool for my boss... It does everything I need it to so
far... pulls the data... cleans it ... performs an analysis and a forecast...
but he wants it to be a little more visual/aesthetically pleasing... So, I am
trying to create a red light, yellow light, green light graphic for him ...

I need to write an excel formula for a few cells that will compare two
numbers and color the cell appropriately based on the comparison.

I want it to be something like this:

=IF(A1B1, color the cell green, IF(A1=B1, color yellow, IF(A1<B1, color
red, else color white)))

How do you change the color in the cell using an excel formula?

I greatly appreciate any assistance you could offer.

Thanks,

-Michael
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Pete

You can do this with Format | Conditional Formatting. You specify the
condition and choose the format you want for the cell - you can have up
to 3 conditional formats by clicking Add (plus you also have the
"normal" format), so this will cope with what you want to do.

Pete