Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
BJ

Default Totalling a group of worksheets

How do I summarize a continguous series of worksheets on to a summary page?
e.g. I have a number of worksheets A,B,C,.......K. I also have a summary
worksheet. I want to total cells A1 in the group of worksheets and show the
total in the summary worksheet
--
Thanks
BJ
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Ron Coderre

Try this:

On the Summary sheet, select the cell where you want the A1 summary to
display.

Type =sum(
Then click on the Sheet A tab
Hold the [Shift] key down
Click on the last sheet's tab
Release the [Shift] key
Type ) and press [Enter]

The formula should look like: =SUM(A:K!A1)

Does that help?

***********
Regards,
Ron

"BJ" wrote:

How do I summarize a continguous series of worksheets on to a summary page?
e.g. I have a number of worksheets A,B,C,.......K. I also have a summary
worksheet. I want to total cells A1 in the group of worksheets and show the
total in the summary worksheet
--
Thanks
BJ

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Dave Peterson

I like this technique...

Create two new worksheets--one to the far right and one to the far left.

Call them Start and End

Then using a sheet (Summary) that is outside this "sandwich" of worksheets:

=Average(start:end!AA32)

Then you can drag sheets in and out of that sandwich to play what if games.

I'd put a couple of notes on each of these sheets:

"don't delete this sheet!"

And protect the worksheet so that people don't use it for real data.

BJ wrote:

How do I summarize a continguous series of worksheets on to a summary page?
e.g. I have a number of worksheets A,B,C,.......K. I also have a summary
worksheet. I want to total cells A1 in the group of worksheets and show the
total in the summary worksheet
--
Thanks
BJ

--

Dave Peterson
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
BJ

To both Dave & Ron

Thanks for the input. That solved the problem.
--
Thanks
BJ

"