Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Hernan

Default Office 2003 (Excel)

I have a worksheet where I have 3 columns and 40 rows unlocked, the rest are
locked as far as security goes. The 3rd col has validation for text up to 74
chars with a warning of the error and to delete the xtra chars. Then I
protect the sheet, the book and then I share it.

It does not work in other computers. I guess other poeple have office 2000
or whatever. So with that in mind I save my sheet to Excel 97 & 95 (or
something to that effect).

It does not work in other computers.

I'm desperate now. Or rather exasperated. :-)

Please help.

TIA

Hernan

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Ken Johnson

Hi Hernan,

Alt+down arrow for the drop down, then down arrow to choose then Enter.
(And of course, if you went too far use the up arrow)
Ken Johnson (Using Office 2000)

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Ken Johnson

Sorry, wrong thread!
Ken Johnson

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Dave Peterson

I think that Data|Validation was added in xl97.

So if you have other users who are still using xl95, then your cells with
data|validation won't help them.

If all your users are at xl97 or higher, you should be able to save the workbook
as a normal workbook--the fileformat changed in xl97 and hasn't changed since.

When I applied data|validation to a cell in a worksheet and shared & saved the
workbook as a normal workbook (I also use xl2003), then I could open it and the
data|validation rules still worked fine.

But I don't have earlier versions of excel to test.

--

Dave Peterson
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Hernan

In any event, it did not work in either case...the other users have Office
2000, and I saved this in both regular 2003 and 97.

Hernan