Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Hernan

Default Office 2003 (Excel)

In any event, it did not work in either case...the other users have Office
2000, and I saved this in both regular 2003 and 97.

Hernan

"Dave Peterson" wrote:

I think that Data|Validation was added in xl97.

So if you have other users who are still using xl95, then your cells with
data|validation won't help them.

If all your users are at xl97 or higher, you should be able to save the workbook
as a normal workbook--the fileformat changed in xl97 and hasn't changed since.

When I applied data|validation to a cell in a worksheet and shared & saved the
workbook as a normal workbook (I also use xl2003), then I could open it and the
data|validation rules still worked fine.

But I don't have earlier versions of excel to test.

Hernan wrote:

I have a worksheet where I have 3 columns and 40 rows unlocked, the rest are
locked as far as security goes. The 3rd col has validation for text up to 74
chars with a warning of the error and to delete the xtra chars. Then I
protect the sheet, the book and then I share it.

It does not work in other computers. I guess other poeple have office 2000
or whatever. So with that in mind I save my sheet to Excel 97 & 95 (or
something to that effect).

It does not work in other computers.

I'm desperate now. Or rather exasperated. :-)

Please help.

TIA

Hernan

--