Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Shirley Munro

Default VLookup on multiple columns

Hi

I want to carry out a Vertical Lookup but the Lookup Value is contained
in 2 columns. Can this be done or would it be best to Concatenate the 2
columns into one?

Thanks

Shirley Munro

--
Shirley Munro
Shirley Munro's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...nfo&userid=836

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Ron Coderre

Without a specific example, it's difficult to give you specific help...

Meanwhile, I believe this website will get you headed in the right
direction:

I hope that helps.

Regards,
Ron

--
Ron Coderre
Ron Coderre's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=21419

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Dave Peterson

Do you mean that you want to match based on the input in two columns?

If yes...

You can use this kind of syntax:

=index(othersheet!$c$1:$c$100,
match(1,(a2=othersheet!$a$1:$a$100)*(b2=othersheet !$b$1:$b$100),0))
(one cell)

them yourself.)

Adjust the range to match--but you can't use the whole column.

Shirley Munro wrote:

Hi

I want to carry out a Vertical Lookup but the Lookup Value is contained
in 2 columns. Can this be done or would it be best to Concatenate the 2
columns into one?

Thanks

Shirley Munro

--
Shirley Munro
Shirley Munro's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...nfo&userid=836
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=493021

--

Dave Peterson
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
CLR

I vote for the CONCATENATION option...........I use it all the time.

Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3