Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Frederick Chow

Default Protecting Range Names

Hi all,

Are there any methods of protecting range names from being deleted? Or else
is it possible to hide names? Thanks.

Frederick Chow

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Dave Peterson

You can hide names in code.

I'd use Jan Karel Pieterse's (with Charles Williams and Matthew Henson) Name
Manager:

You can find it at:
NameManager.Zip from http://www.oaltd.co.uk/mvp

His utility can do this pretty quickly.

--

Dave Peterson
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Gord Dibben

Frederick

Sounds like a job for Jan Karel Pieterse's Name Manager Add-in

Free Download from Jan's site.

http://www.jkp-ads.com/OfficeMarketPlaceNM-EN.htm

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

On Tue, 13 Dec 2005 01:13:18 +0800, "Frederick Chow"
wrote:

Hi all,

Are there any methods of protecting range names from being deleted? Or else
is it possible to hide names? Thanks.

Frederick Chow

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Brett

I've recently had a serious problem with excel deleting range names in a
workbook. In the process of building the spreadsheet I have now reached over
150 named ranges. Up until recently I'd never had a problem with names being
deleted automatically, but now it happens frequently and it's always the same
2 names that get deleted.
Can anyone explain why this happens?

"Frederick Chow" wrote:

Hi all,

Are there any methods of protecting range names from being deleted? Or else
is it possible to hide names? Thanks.

Frederick Chow

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Dave Peterson

I've never had trouble with names disappearing.

You may want to share the names that are going away--maybe there's something
special with them.