Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Mary Ann

Default Macro beginner - Echo

I have recorded a macro to set the active sheet to Landscape and enter my
name in the left section of the footer as text and set the font size to 8. I
have stored it in the Personal Macro Workbook. I use Excel 2003.

I have gone into the VB Editor and deleted the parts of the Sub which I
dont need. It now reads:

Sub LandscapeMyName()
'
' LandscapeMyName Macro
' Macro recorded 09/12/2005 by MyName
' Keyboard Shortcut: Ctrl+Shift+L
'
With ActiveSheet.PageSetup
..LeftFooter = "&8MyName"
..Orientation = xlLandscape
End With
End Sub

Years ago, in the ancient days of Excel 6, I remember that there was a
possibility to use something along the lines of Echo False, so that the user
didnt see any €śflash€ť on the screen.

Taking out the bits of the Sub procedure that I dont need helps to
eliminate the €śecho€ť but I still get some. Is there a simple way to
eliminate it completely?

I am definitely not a programmer, just in case there was any doubt ;-), but
am a competent user.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Peo Sjoblom

You can use

Sub LandscapeMyName()
Application.ScreenUpdating = False
'your code
Application.ScreenUpdating = True

Peo Sjoblom

"Mary Ann" wrote in message
[...]

didn't see any "flash" on the screen.

Taking out the bits of the Sub procedure that I don't need helps to
eliminate the "echo" but I still get some. Is there a simple way to