Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Mary Ann

Default Macro beginner - Echo

Great - thank you

"Peo Sjoblom" wrote:

You can use

Sub LandscapeMyName()
Application.ScreenUpdating = False
'your code
Application.ScreenUpdating = True

Peo Sjoblom

"Mary Ann" wrote in message
I have recorded a macro to set the active sheet to Landscape and enter my
name in the left section of the footer as text and set the font size to 8.

have stored it in the Personal Macro Workbook. I use Excel 2003.

I have gone into the VB Editor and deleted the parts of the Sub which I
don't need. It now reads:

Sub LandscapeMyName()
'
' LandscapeMyName Macro
' Macro recorded 09/12/2005 by MyName
' Keyboard Shortcut: Ctrl+Shift+L
'
With ActiveSheet.PageSetup
.LeftFooter = "&8MyName"
.Orientation = xlLandscape
End With
End Sub

Years ago, in the ancient days of Excel 6, I remember that there was a
possibility to use something along the lines of Echo False, so that the

user
didn't see any "flash" on the screen.

Taking out the bits of the Sub procedure that I don't need helps to
eliminate the "echo" but I still get some. Is there a simple way to
eliminate it completely?

I am definitely not a programmer, just in case there was any doubt ;-),

but
am a competent user.