Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Karen

Default Refresh Graph Data

Is there a way to refresh a graph's data? I am trying to graph total loans
by month and starting with November. I want to add next month's without
having to create a new graph... is this possible?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Bill Martin

Karen wrote:
Is there a way to refresh a graph's data? I am trying to graph total loans
by month and starting with November. I want to add next month's without
having to create a new graph... is this possible?

-----------------

The technique I use is to put a colored row of cells at the bottom of the data
with the message "Insert new rows above this line". Include that line in your
plot data range. Then when you want to add a new row of data you Insert a row
above the colored bar and Excel knows to include it in your chart automagically.

There are "better" techniques, but I find this one to be dead simple and it's
what I choose to use.

Good luck...

Bill
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Michael

Hi Karen. I do the same thing with Total Revenue" for each month. What I
did was create the data table with all 12 months and then just fill in the
data when it's received. The months show up on the X-Axis, but the chart is
blank until the data is entered. Once entered the chart updates
automatically. HTH
--
Sincerely, Michael Colvin