Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Jonsson

Default Refer to formula in another sheet

Hi all,

I have an IF formula that need to be testing more than seven
statements.
The question is if it is possible to split the IF-statement in two
different cells, and then get them wether the conditions is right or
not.

Like this:
In sheet1: IF($S$4={"O"};"",IF(G16<=$T$7;0
In sheet2: IF($S$4={"H"},IF(G16<=$T$7;0
The formulas above is not relevant, they are just shown as an example
of what I mean to do in the formula below

In sheet3:
=IF($S$4={"O"},"",IF(AND($S$4={"H"},$T$41000),She et1!M16,Sheet2!M16))

The above idea doesn't work, as it refers to the cell G16 in sheet1 and
sheet2.

I want the IF-formulas in sheet1 and 2 test the values in sheet3 G16.

Is it even possible?

Any respond to this is very helpful!

//Thomas

--
Jonsson
Jonsson's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...fo&userid=5472

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Bob Phillips

It should be simple enough, in the first formula just resolve it to TRUE or
FALSE, then in the second, just add an IF(C21,IF(.. etc, assuming C21 is the
first formula.

--

HTH

RP

"Jonsson" wrote in
message ...

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Jonsson

Hi, bob

I'm not sure I follow you.

My problem is not how to test if the statement is true or false.

It's how to tell to excel that I want to apply the if-statement in
sheet1 or sheet2
if conditions in sheet3 is true or false.

As it is now I get no result as the cell in sheet1 and sheet2 look if
the statement is correct in cell Sheet1!G16 and Sheet2!G16, and the
cell I want to test is in
Sheet3!G16.

Can you please explain to me how you mean, by using my
exampleformulas.

Hope I explained it better this time

//Thomas

--
Jonsson
Jonsson's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...fo&userid=5472
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=491755

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Roger Govier

Hi

I think you need to be explicit as to which G16 you want.
Put Sheet3! in front of the cell identity in the formulae

In sheet1: IF($S$4={"O"};"",IF(Sheet3!G16<=$T$7;0))
In sheet2: IF($S$4={"H"},IF(Sheet3!G16<=$T$7;0))

Regards

Roger Govier

Jonsson wrote:
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Bob Phillips

Something like this

A2: =IF(cond1,result1,IF(cond2, result2,IF(cond3,result3,....,FALSE)))
B2: =IF(A2<FALSE,A2,IF(more conditions ...

--

HTH

RP

"Jonsson" wrote in
message ...

Hi, bob

I'm not sure I follow you.

My problem is not how to test if the statement is true or false.

It's how to tell to excel that I want to apply the if-statement in
sheet1 or sheet2
if conditions in sheet3 is true or false.

As it is now I get no result as the cell in sheet1 and sheet2 look if
the statement is correct in cell Sheet1!G16 and Sheet2!G16, and the
cell I want to test is in
Sheet3!G16.

Can you please explain to me how you mean, by using my
exampleformulas.

Hope I explained it better this time

//Thomas

--
Jonsson
Jonsson's Profile:

View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=491755

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Jonsson

Hi all,

I thank you for your effort to help me, but I have decided to put the
splitted formula into two cells in the same sheet as the calculated and
tested cells. That did the trick for now, but it's not the best solution
as I have 30 sheets containing over 800 rows with formulas in it.
Therefore I wanted two "mainsheets" to calculate the others.

//Thomas