Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
dhouston1000

Default Birthday Alert

I have a worksheet that contains client info including their birthdays.

I would like a column to alert me at least 5 days before their upcoming
bithday so as to contact them about special incentives and offers.

--
dhouston1000
dhouston1000's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=26570

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Bernie Deitrick

dhouston1000,

Say your birthdays are in column C, starting in row 2.

In column D, row 2, use the formula

=IF(AND(DATE(YEAR(NOW()),MONTH(C2),DAY(C2))TODAY( ),
DATE(YEAR(NOW()),MONTH(C2),DAY(C2))<TODAY()+6),"Bi rthday Notice!","")

Take out any line wraps put in by your newsreader, then copy the formula down column D to match your
column of birthdays.

HTH,
Bernie
MS Excel MVP

"dhouston1000" wrote in message

I have a worksheet that contains client info including their birthdays.

I would like a column to alert me at least 5 days before their upcoming
bithday so as to contact them about special incentives and offers.

--
dhouston1000
dhouston1000's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=26570
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=491521

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
tghcogo

You don't need another column necessarily, you could use conditional
formatting to make the birthday cell change to a different background
or font colour 5 days before the due date. just insert somewhere (eg H1
on the spreadsheet)

=TODAY()

conditionally format the "birthday" cell so that :- cell value is less
than or equal to $H$1+5

Apply the colour change format

nb. The birthday cells must be date formatted, and The Birthday cell
should be edited to the next birthday event due, once you have
completed your contact action.

--
tghcogo
tghcogo's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=10494