Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
bdq17

Default counting blank cells

i'm trying to write a formula that looks at a range of cells to see if a date
has been entered. if a date is there, then it should return "yes", if the
cell is blank it should return "no". How do i keep excel from ignoring the
blank cell? i tried countA but it didn't work.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
RagDyer

Does this work for you:

=IF('04MQU'!D6,"Yes","NO")

--
HTH,

RD

"bdq17" wrote in message
The formula I'm using is =IF(COUNTA('04MQU'!D6)0,"Yes","No")

"bdq17" wrote:

i'm trying to write a formula that looks at a range of cells to see if a

date
has been entered. if a date is there, then it should return "yes", if

the
cell is blank it should return "no". How do i keep excel from ignoring

the
blank cell? i tried countA but it didn't work.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
bdq17

I cut and pasted your formula into the spreadsheet and I get a ref # error

"RagDyer" wrote:

Does this work for you:

=IF('04MQU'!D6,"Yes","NO")

--
HTH,

RD

"bdq17" wrote:

i'm trying to write a formula that looks at a range of cells to see if a

date
has been entered. if a date is there, then it should return "yes", if

the
cell is blank it should return "no". How do i keep excel from ignoring

the
blank cell? i tried countA but it didn't work.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
RagDyer

And I copied and pasted the cell reference from your post to my post, so I
would guess that something is wrong with your sheet name!

If D6 contained Text, you would have returned a #Value! error.

Start by typing
=IF(
into a cell on the same sheet you used for my formula,
then navigate to the sheet containing the dates,
and click in D6,
and then click in the formula bar, and enter this after the D6
,"YES","NO)
and then hit <Enter

What do you get returned?

RD

"bdq17" wrote in message
I cut and pasted your formula into the spreadsheet and I get a ref # error

"RagDyer" wrote:

Does this work for you:

=IF('04MQU'!D6,"Yes","NO")

--
HTH,

RD

"bdq17" wrote:

i'm trying to write a formula that looks at a range of cells to see

if a
date
has been entered. if a date is there, then it should return "yes",

if
the
cell is blank it should return "no". How do i keep excel from

ignoring
the
blank cell? i tried countA but it didn't work.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
bdq17

let me start at the beginning because i'm having another problem. i created a
workbook called delinquency report. I renamed sheet 1 to "delinquency
report". I copied a sheet from another workbook. that sheet is call 04mqu.
the sheet i imported has the data that i need to create the delinquency
report. i have a date column on that sheet that my people fill in when they
have completed the assignment so the cells in the date column will either
have a date filled in or will be blank. whenever i imput a formula that calls
for that worksheet and the associated data i get a update data in 04mqu file
save window. i'm totally confused

"bdq17" wrote in message
I cut and pasted your formula into the spreadsheet and I get a ref # error

"RagDyer" wrote:

Does this work for you:

=IF('04MQU'!D6,"Yes","NO")

--
HTH,

RD

"bdq17" wrote:

i'm trying to write a formula that looks at a range of cells to see

if a
date
has been entered. if a date is there, then it should return "yes",

if
the
cell is blank it should return "no". How do i keep excel from

ignoring
the
blank cell? i tried countA but it didn't work.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Ragdyer

You could try going the other way and copy the "Deliquency report" to the
"04mqu".

RD

"bdq17" wrote in message
I cut and pasted your formula into the spreadsheet and I get a ref #
error

"RagDyer" wrote:

Does this work for you:

=IF('04MQU'!D6,"Yes","NO")