Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
TotallyConfused

Default Can you Sparse a field in Excel??? and Database Query??

How can Sparse a field in Excel? I have a column/field with LastNM, FNM and
Mid all together I need to break it up into a column/field for each part of
the name. Can this be done in Excel? Can you convert a Spreadsheet into a
Table in excel to be able to use New Database Query?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Ray A

One way;
See help for test to columns and use a space as the delimiter
HTH

"TotallyConfused" wrote:

How can Sparse a field in Excel? I have a column/field with LastNM, FNM and
Mid all together I need to break it up into a column/field for each part of
the name. Can this be done in Excel? Can you convert a Spreadsheet into a
Table in excel to be able to use New Database Query?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Jay

How can Sparse a field in Excel? I have a column/field with LastNM,
FNM and Mid all together I need to break it up into a column/field for
each part of the name. Can this be done in Excel? ...

Maybe this will help:
Data Text to Columns
It depends on how the name components are separated in your column. Before
using this feature, insert some blank columns after the name column;
otherwise, you may overwrite the data in neighboring columns.