-   -   Can you Sparse a field in Excel??? and Database Query?? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/59026-can-you-sparse-field-excel-database-query.html)

TotallyConfused

Can you Sparse a field in Excel??? and Database Query??

How can Sparse a field in Excel? I have a column/field with LastNM, FNM and
Mid all together I need to break it up into a column/field for each part of
the name. Can this be done in Excel? Can you convert a Spreadsheet into a
Table in excel to be able to use New Database Query?

Ray A

Can you Sparse a field in Excel??? and Database Query??

One way;
See help for test to columns and use a space as the delimiter
HTH

"TotallyConfused" wrote:

How can Sparse a field in Excel? I have a column/field with LastNM, FNM and
Mid all together I need to break it up into a column/field for each part of
the name. Can this be done in Excel? Can you convert a Spreadsheet into a
Table in excel to be able to use New Database Query?

Jay

Can you Sparse a field in Excel??? and Database Query??

How can Sparse a field in Excel? I have a column/field with LastNM,
FNM and Mid all together I need to break it up into a column/field for
each part of the name. Can this be done in Excel? ...

Maybe this will help:
Data Text to Columns
It depends on how the name components are separated in your column. Before
using this feature, insert some blank columns after the name column;
otherwise, you may overwrite the data in neighboring columns.

TotallyConfused

Can you Sparse a field in Excel??? and Database Query??

Thank you this works just fine.