Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Jacquie

Default Copy column from one sheet to another

I'm keeping grades in multiple worksheets in the same workbook. I'd like to
copy the column showing the total of the weekly grades (using the SUM
formula) on worksheet 2 to the column on worksheet 1 for that assignment
(worksheet 1 reflects all the assignments which is why I just need the sum).

When I simply do a copy and paste, I get #REF in the 'weekly' column and in
the 'total' and 'grade' columns (total is the total of all assignments, grade
is a series of if, then statements so I end up with A, B, C etc).

How do I do this to just get the number and not mess up worksheet 1?

Thanks.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Dave Peterson

Maybe you could Edit|paste special|values.

Another option might be to keep the data in one location, but sort it, and use
data|subtotals.

You can hide the details using the outlining symbols on the right hand side.

Another option may be to use Data|Pivottables--this can summarize the data even
if it's not sorted.

--

Dave Peterson