Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Preuthun

Default Huge disc space occupation

Hello.

I'm using Excell 2003.
I have scanned 10 pictures to JPG format. Each below 200 kb
My sheet takes up only 250 kb when it's empty for pictures.
When I import the 10 scanned pictures I would expect the worksheet to grow
up to a little less than 2.5Mb.
Would'nt that be a fair assumption? Both MS-Word and PowerPoint does so.
However my worksheet grows to 29Mb. !!! Using gif and compressing the
pictures inside the document does not work with good result.
I want to be able to send the worksheet by email, and also work with it
without waiting to long each time I'm saving.

What can I do to make Excell behave reasonable here?

Best regards
Jan Preuthun

PreuthunATemail.dk