Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Me

Default Worksheet Tabs

If I have an Excel 2003 workbook of 40 worksheets, is there any way I could
group those into four groups of ten (or something similar)?

Thanks in advance.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Chip Pearson

You can assign them colors, but you can't group them in any way.

--
Cordially,
Chip Pearson

"Me" wrote in message
If I have an Excel 2003 workbook of 40 worksheets, is there any
way I could
group those into four groups of ten (or something similar)?

Thanks in advance.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Me

I assumed as much, but figured I'd make sure.

The color coding idea is something to look into.

Thank you.

"Me" wrote in message
If I have an Excel 2003 workbook of 40 worksheets, is there any
way I could
group those into four groups of ten (or something similar)?

Thanks in advance.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
David McRitchie

Prefix each of your groups with a different prefix
grp1. grp2. grp3. grp4. (note periods)

Then sort your worksheet tabs, much better system then trying
to use color. To sort your worksheets see
http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel...#sortallsheets

BTW, coloring worksheet tabs became available with Excel 2002 (Excel XP)
---
HTH,

"Me" wrote in message
If I have an Excel 2003 workbook of 40 worksheets, is there any
way I could
group those into four groups of ten (or something similar)?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
David McRitchie

you might want to make that with two digits instead of single digit
so that you could have more than 10 (0-9) groups for sorting.
grp01. grp02. grp03. grp04. (note periods)
or use letters that make some sense
b. k. t. w.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
tony h

You could of course use a worksheet to make an index page creating
hyperlinks to every page. Then you can group them however you like.

It all depends on why you want to do it.

--
tony h
tony h's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=21074