Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Greg1094

Default create formula showing row height in a cell

In a large spreadsheet, I want to be able to quickly see the row height of
each row. My report calls for three possible heights depending on the
purpose of that row. How can I create a formula that will show the height of
each row?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Bob Umlas

Create a name, like RowH, and, assuming A1 is active when you define the
name, define it as =Get.Cell(17,Sheet1!a1)
(keep the reference relative (no "$")
Now, enter =RowH in a cell and the rowheight will be given. If the row
height changes, you will have to manually recalculate via ctrl/alt/F9.
Bob Umlas
Excel MVP

"Greg1094" wrote in message
In a large spreadsheet, I want to be able to quickly see the row height of
each row. My report calls for three possible heights depending on the
purpose of that row. How can I create a formula that will show the height

of
each row?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
PeterAtherton

"Greg1094" wrote:

In a large spreadsheet, I want to be able to quickly see the row height of
each row. My report calls for three possible heights depending on the
purpose of that row. How can I create a formula that will show the height of
each row?

Alternativley, use a custom function

Function CellHeight(Optional cell)

If IsMissing(cell) Then
CellHeight = ActiveCell.RowHeight
Else
CellHeight = cell.RowHeight
End If
End Function

CellHeight() returns the height of the active cell and CellHeight(G17)
returns the height of row 17.

Function to be copied into a Worksheet module (Alt + F11, Insert Module)
To use it in more workbooks copy it into Your Personal Workbook.

Regards
Peter