Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
dx0712

Default Need a formula...

Hey guys...

Im not too good at excel, actually I barely know how to use it. But
now I need some help because a class of mine requires that I graph
something using excel.

So heres the question...

I have a column of values and these values make a dampened sine wave.
I need to integrate this graph to find the area of the curves to make
another graph. So I was thinking about using rectangles to estimate
the area under the curve.

The basic formula I would use on paper would be something like
Y3=((V3-V2)/.001)+Y2... where Y3 is the new value, Y2 is the previous
value, V3 is the data in the colum and so is V2.

I am not too sure if I'm being clear or not, but I do not want to do
this equation 4000 times (thats how many data points I have)...

Thanks in advance!!!

--
dx0712
dx0712's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=29326