Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
fourskunks

Default Grouping the results of Networkdays

I am working on a workbook. Using NETWORKDAYS I have come up with the number
of days between the two days with specific dates not to count. For this I
have 30 worksheets coming from different schools with their own workbook.

On a separate workbook I want to pull how many counted days are under 65 and
how many are 65 and over. Each school has its own line to show the
differences between each school. Is there a pattern of which schools are
consistently over, etc.

Help?

Any ideas are much appreciate.

Thanks
fourskunks
I have looked in the postings and have gotten myself lost.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Dave O

Summarizing, to make sure I understand: on a summary workbook you want
to show each school's NETWORKDAYS result; School A on row 5, School B
on row 6, School C on row 7, etc. Do I have that right?

If yes, then open the summary workbook and School A's workbook. On the
summary row for School A start a new formula using the = sign, then
click on School A's workbook and then the cell containing School A's
result; then press Enter. The result for School A will appear on the
summary line. Repeat as needed for the remaining schools.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
fourskunks

Ok. Lets see if this makes more sense. Sorry about the lenght.
Each workbook for each school contains one student per row and with two
columns of different dates. I calculate between the two dates, the number of
days (with some dates not included) i.e. October 3, 2005 and December 14,
2005 has 50 days. October 11, 2005 and January 28, 2006 has 67 days
(NETWORKDAYS formula).

So I have this.
NOTE: More columns between the students name and day count have been
omitted for clarification.
Workbook for School 1
Days Count
Row 8 Student One 5
Row 9 Student Two 87
Row 10 Student Three 27
Row 11 Student four 65

Workbook for School 2
Days Count
Row 8 Student One 16
Row 9 Student Two 64
Row 10 Student Three 84
Row 11 Student Four 3

I have 18 Elementary and 11 Middle and High Schools
I want my section for these schools on my summary workbook to look like this.
The summary workbook is going to be for my main supervisors who prefer not
to look at individual students.
Under 65 days 65 and over days Total
School 1 2 2 4
School 2 3 1 4

And so forth€¦..

With this example:
Under 65 days 65 and over days Total
Total Count 5 3 8

The elementary schools have their own workbook.
The middle and high schools has a separate workbook.
Eventually, I will have a workbook that summarizes my totals so statistics
can be built.

So do I €śhide€ť a formula on each workbook that counts this and just link it
to my summary workbook or could I have a formula on my summary workbook to do
the same.

Hope this makes better sense. Any input will be very appreciated.

Thanks,
fourskunks