Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Ken Wright

Default Can You Switch Rows

What version Excel? Has been that way for some time as far as I can recall.
Am on a laptop at the moment so only have the last couple of versions to
hand.

Assuming the whole row is selected, and you then hover and see the 4 headed
arrow, when you right click, hold odwn the button and then drag, all you see
being dragged is an outline, and then when you let go you suddenly see a
whole host of additional commands such as Copy here, Move Here, Move here
and Shift Down etc etc

Regards
Ken.............

"Larry C" wrote in message
On Thu, 1 Dec 2005 22:25:26 -0000, "Ken Wright"
wrote:

Hover over the edge between Col A and the row numbers, and when it turns
a black 4 headed arrow, right click, hold it and drag the row to where you
want it, and when you let go it will prompt you with a number of options,
including move here and shift down etc.

I get to the "black 4 headed arrow" part, but once I do that there is
no way to right click and then drag. I can left click and then drag,
but that doesn't accomplish anything. What am I missing?

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Larry C

On Fri, 2 Dec 2005 19:18:49 -0000, "Ken Wright"
wrote:

What version Excel? Has been that way for some time as far as I can recall.
Am on a laptop at the moment so only have the last couple of versions to
hand.

Assuming the whole row is selected, and you then hover and see the 4 headed
arrow, when you right click, hold odwn the button and then drag, all you see
being dragged is an outline, and then when you let go you suddenly see a
whole host of additional commands such as Copy here, Move Here, Move here
and Shift Down etc etc

Regards
Ken.............

It won't let me right click and drag. I'm using Excel 2000.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Ken Wright

Just tried it in XL2000 and it works fine. One slight difference though is
that you don't get the 4 headed arrow, you get a white arrow. With the row
selected, hover between the top and bottom of the row, and between Col A and
the row number, so that you are right in the middle. When it turns to a
white arrow, right click, hold it down and drag up or down. Then just let
go and you will see the options.

Regards