Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Jeff Azano

Default How do I use a pivot table to get an average count?

I have a list of transactions with colum headers of Month, Date, Weekday,
Time and the transaction data. I would like to see the average number of
transaction per hour per day. Can this be done in a pivot table?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Tom Eaton

Hi, Jeff.
I am interested in a solution to a similar problem.

My PT:
RowFields: = "Customer"
ColumnFields: = "Date" (grouped by Month and Year)
PivotFields: = "Quantity"

I would like to have a column in place of the "Grand Totals" column which
will display "Monthly Average of Quantity" for each "Customer" over the
entire range of "Date." Something like "= quantity / ((max(date) - min(date))
* 30)"

I have perused Debra Dalgliesh's site and found many good ideas, but nothing
that helps with this problem.

Maybe someone can help us both.

Regards
/s/ te