Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Jeff Azano

Default How do I use a pivot table to get an average count?

I have a list of transactions with column headers of Month, Date, Weekday,
Time and the transaction data. I would like to see the average number of
transactions per hour per day. Can this be done in a pivot table?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
salut

Yeah, Pivot table can show you averages. You might need to add a column in
your data to group them by hour by day.

Or you might use the group feature of pivot table. Right click on the field
which has date/time.
Group and Show detail - Group -......
Then in the data field, right click and then -field settings, show average
instead of sum or count or anything else.