Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
dminkov

Default Custom cell formatting

OK, may be it's simple, but I just couldn't get it:
How to format a cell, containing a number 898223344, to look like 0898
22 33 44?

--
dminkov
dminkov's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=17757

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Ken Johnson

Hi dminkov,
formatcellsnumbercustomthen type "#### ## ## ##" in the Type box
(no speech marks)
Ken Johnson

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Gord Dibben

Alter that to 0### ## ## ## to get the preceding 0

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

On 2 Dec 2005 01:02:48 -0800, "Ken Johnson" wrote:

Hi dminkov,
formatcellsnumbercustomthen type "#### ## ## ##" in the Type box
(no speech marks)
Ken Johnson

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
dminkov

Thank you, but both solutions do not work. The zero is separated from
the other three figures... Where am I wrong?

--
dminkov
dminkov's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=17757
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=490094

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Ken Johnson

Hi dminkov,
On my computer 0### ## ## ## in the Type box for the custom format
results in no space between the leading zero and the next digit. Are
you sure you didn't include a space?

Ken Johnson

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
dminkov

Thank you, Ken.
So, I set the same format as yours, of coarse, nothing happens, and
when I checked the formatting in "Format Cell", I found out there has
been automaticaly added an extra space between 0 and the first
symbol... Isn't it strange?

--
dminkov
dminkov's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=17757
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=490094

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Ken Johnson

Hi dminkov,
So you've got it working properly now? I'm guessing yes!

Ken Johnson