Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
CAHM

Default How do I set up a workbook to open on a cell reference every time

I am using Excel 2003 with several worksheets, the first worksheet being an
There are several users of the document and I was wondering if there was a
way that every time someone opened the workbook it would always open with the
index being the active worksheet.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Norman Jones

Hi Cahm,

Try inserting the following macro in your workbook:

'=============
Private Sub Workbook_Open()
Me.Sheets("Sheet1").Activate
End Sub
'<<=============

This is workbook event code and should be pasted into the workbook's
ThisWorkbook module *not* a standard module or a sheet module):

Right-click the Excel icon on the worksheet
(or the icon to the left of the File menu if your workbook is maximised)

Select 'View Code' from the menu and paste the code.

Alt-F11 to return to Excel.

Replace Sheet1 with the name of the index sheet if it differs.

---
Regards,
Norman

"CAHM" wrote in message
I am using Excel 2003 with several worksheets, the first worksheet being an
There are several users of the document and I was wondering if there was a
way that every time someone opened the workbook it would always open with
the
index being the active worksheet.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default How do I set up a workbook to open on a cell reference every t

I just had to say thanks. Even though this post is almots 3 years old, it was
just the answer I needed. Admittedly It took several attempts for me to
phrase the question correctly to get to the original question and your
response. Just goes to show how valuable this historical data can be.

Thanks again for your contribution to this forum.