Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
hmz

Default numbers with text

I am trying to include a text with my input number. For example: I want to
input in cell A1 only the number "230." But, I want the cell to return "230
units." What steps do I have to do to make that work? Thanks, hmz
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Niek Otten

FormatCellsNumberCustom

In the Type box, add "units" (including the quotes) to the end of the
current format string (probably General)

--
Kind regards,

Niek Otten

"hmz" wrote in message
I am trying to include a text with my input number. For example: I want to
input in cell A1 only the number "230." But, I want the cell to return
"230
units." What steps do I have to do to make that work? Thanks, hmz

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Dave O

One way is to enter the data in A1, but have a formula in B1 like this:
=A1&" units"

Then hide column A, or set its font color to white on a white
background so it is effectively hidden.