Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Paicey

Default Forms disappearing

I have a xla that produces a menu in excel. When the user selects an option
from the menu, it opens another xla and shows a form.
Currently the form is displayed but then closes straight away.

As anyone seen this issue before.

(Windows XP, and Office 2003).

Cheers
--
Paicey
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
exceluserforeman

an xla is an add-in. Put the form into your Personal.xls or just convert it
to xls. Code it to be opened as ReadOnly.

"Paicey" wrote:

I have a xla that produces a menu in excel. When the user selects an option
from the menu, it opens another xla and shows a form.
Currently the form is displayed but then closes straight away.

As anyone seen this issue before.

(Windows XP, and Office 2003).

Cheers
--
Paicey

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Paicey

Using the two add-ins worked fine until I upgraded to Office 2003.
I use the add-in's as I don't want the users to know that a different
document has been opened.

--
Paicey

"Paicey" wrote:

I have a xla that produces a menu in excel. When the user selects an option
from the menu, it opens another xla and shows a form.
Currently the form is displayed but then closes straight away.

As anyone seen this issue before.

(Windows XP, and Office 2003).

Cheers
--
Paicey

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
exceluserforeman

I really do not know and am only guessing but did you start excel from
excel.exe ?
If your shortcuts do not point to Excel.exe then the current
directory/folder will not be the file you opened.
Best to open your first file from within Excel ... File Open method.

Also see if the add-in is check marked. also, I think Office 2003 will only
accept digitally signed add-ins. This just means you have to fill in the
properties of the addin.

- -Mark