Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
abaco1

Default Help with combining information

I am trying to find an easy solution to combine data.

Example:

Old Acc New Acc Description Amount
123.120 123 whatever 50.00
155.120 155 whatever 125.00
155.120 155 whatever 220.00
155.120 155 whatever 243.00
199.120 199 whatever 157.00

What I would like to do is be able to roll up the data eg:

Old Acc New Acc Description Amount
123.120 123 whatever 50.00
155.120 155 whatever 588.00
199.120 199 whatever 157.00

Is there a simple way of doing this?

Any and all help would be greatly appreciated!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Aaron

what i usually do is just dump the data into access. then run a group by
query (grouping by the old acc in your case), and summing the amount.
If there's a way to do this in excel, I would gladly hear about it.